Sunday 15 January 2017

Poem and it's Pleasure

A Laugh in The Cottage 

Once upon a time l
Lived the jungle by
Aloof from other cottages and alone 
And in front of a giant stone. 

Years back a clown had stayed here 
Who had left the house spare
One day lying on the bed
He had been found dead.

I was a common woodcutter 
Who could get bread and butter
By cutting and trading the wood
And in this way lived in happy mood.

One day it was night
And there was no light.
Yet I became glad
For a lamp I had.

The night sank into darkness 
Only it prevailed quietness 
Suddenly I heard a laugh
That  was short enough.

And I found myself standstill 
The laugh was short but shrill.
I did not remain standing and
Searched it with the lamp in my hand.

And then I heard the same 
But from where the voice came,
I was somehow able to trace
It came from the staircase. 

With wide eyes I neared 
To the staircase but feared.
At once I heard someone rushed
I was horrified and hushed.

I slowly went up the stair
But surprisingly no one was there.
But in the faint light of lamp all 
I saw was the clown's red-nose-ball.

Then again came the laugh
This time long and loud enough.
I thought it was the coming of the clown 
Dropping the lamp I quickly ran down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Feelings

Everyday My Feelings Everyday my feelings for you Rise like waves in the seas: Great and tremendous too Not moving on the le...